Online Form and Flow Yoga Teacher Training Program
Blue Lizard Yoga’s ONLINE Yoga Teacher Training focuses on the traditional spiritual teachings of Yoga Philosophy plus provides a strong foundation in pose alignment and pose modification so that all students feel successful in their practices. Trainees will learn to teach effective, intelligent sequences that represent their own personality and interests. This training is perfect for anyone who wants to become a yoga teacher and also for those simply looking to dive deeper into the practice and teachings of yoga. Our goal is to produce yoga teachers that understand the yoga philosophies, the importance of a personal yoga and contemplation practice, how to perform the asanas with knowledge and skill, and how to safely and effectively use this knowledge to teach any student that walks into their classroom.
Some of the topics covered:
- Classical alignment of a wide range of yoga poses and how to modify these poses to accommodate special populations, injuries, and different body types
- Sequencing strategies for teaching Basics (beginner focused), Form (mixed-level), and Flow (Vinyasa) classes
- Effective teaching tools such as concise verbal cueing, demonstrations, and theming
- History and philosophy of the yoga tradition
- Classic yoga philosophical texts, including The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita.
- Physical and subtle body anatomy
- Sanskrit pronunciation and mantra (chanting)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation
Required meeting dates and times for 2020:
Note: ALL classes will be held online via Zoom and attendance is expected at all of the below meeting times.
Mondays and Wednesdays: 6-9PM
August 19, 24, 26, 31
September 2, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30
October 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28
November 2, 4, 9, 11, 16
Saturdays 8AM-3:30PM (with 1 hour lunch break)
Sundays 8AM-3PM (with 1 hour lunch break)
August 21-23 and 28-30
September 18-20 and 25-27
October 16-18 and 23-25
Tuition is a one-time fee of $2394 or 4 monthly payments of $650 ($2600 total) which includes the digital course workbook, 6 month membership with Blue Lizard Yoga’s online studio (includes both recorded and live streamed classes), and participation in a mentorship program for one year after the final class of the student's teacher training track. Textbooks are NOT included in tuition and must be purchased separately.
Yoga Teacher Mentorship
This is a 6 month course designed to give yoga teachers and yoga teachers in training the support they need to expand their personal practice and confidently step into the classroom. This course will cover the nuts and bolts of creating intelligent and effective sequences and relevant and meaningful themes, while using clear and concise cues.
Each month, you will receive 3 asana class recordings (1 Basics style, 1 Form style, and 1 Flow style) meant to reinforce optimal alignment, effective sequencing, and expand your practice. Journaling prompts will be provided for use with each class in order to reinforce the month's focus. Once a month, a 90 minute Zoom call will be held with Beth and will include lecture and discussion on Teaching Methodology and the month's sequences plus time for Q&A. These live calls will be recorded if you are unable to attend live. You will have access to these videos and calls for 1 year.
The asana class recordings will be released 1 month prior to the next live call.
Topics and Dates:
- August: Standing Poses and the General Template
Live Class: August 20 @ 6-7:30PM
- September: Handstand/Pincha Mayurasana and Analyzing Pose Relationships
Live Class: September 17 @ 6-7:30PM
- October: Belly Down Backbends and Peak Pose Sequencing
Live Class: October 15 @ 6-7:30PM
- November: Vasisthasana Variations and Modifications and Props for all Levels
Live Class: November 19 @ 6-7:30PM
- December: Headstand Transitions and Effective Cues
Live Class: December 17 @ 6-7:30PM
- January: Urdhva Danurasana and Theming
Live Class: January 21 @ 6-7:30PM